Thank you for your interest in employment with Callaway Electric Cooperative. We are seeking applicants for the following position:
BROADBAND SERVICES SPECIALIST
Callaway Electric Cooperative and Callabyte Technology are seeking applicants for the position of Broadband Services Specialist. Responsibilities in this position will require an assortment of talents and skills including provisioning of fiber services, expert level support, and technical assistance to the Callabyte Team, customer service personnel, contractors, and end users. Applicant will work in an assortment of environments including outside, in subscriber homes and businesses. The successful candidate will be able to diagnose complex technical issues and implement solutions.
The ability to work professionally, independently, and competently is a must. General responsibilities and duties will include:
· Capable of installing fiber, telephone, and television service in a home and/or business, including the routing of fiber optic cable and Ethernet cable in a professional manner.
· Proficient with configuring an assortment of wireless access equipment, routers, switches, firewalls, etc.
· Familiarity with numerous consumer electronic devices including smart phones, tablets, printers, smart TVs, streaming devices, gaming consoles, etc.
· Understanding of network security, wireless encryption, TCP/IP ports and protocols, VLANs, MAC addresses, ARP, DNS, multicast and unicast, IPv4 addressing, and IP routing.
· Responsible for integrating Callabyte services with complex business networks.
· Troubleshoot fiber optic issues, Ethernet cabling, telephone wiring, and the ability to implement repairs.
· Knowledgeable in the use of an OTDR, power meter, VFL, fusion splicer, and analog tone generator.
· Prior experience with on premise telephone systems, cabling, handsets, and cloud based VoIP systems a plus.
· Competent with using an assortment of hand tools, power tools, ladders, and shovel.
· Attentive to completing paperwork in a timely and accurate manner.
· Perform service calls for fiber, telephone, and television services as required. Both during a normal business day and after hours. Some on-call work will be required.
· Point of escalation for employees, contractors, and subscribers.
· Other duties as assigned or required.
Additional qualifications to include high school diploma, completion of relevant trade school training, 3-5 years working in a telecommunications or IT service field, and/or other appropriate industry training or certifications. A Missouri Class E driver’s license must be held or obtained immediately upon being hired. Successful completion of ongoing training and certifications are required.
If you are interested in joining the Callaway Electric Team and have the qualifications listed above, please submit your resume along with three professional references or letters of recommendation by June 30, 2020 to Assistant Manager; Callaway Electric Cooperative; PO Box 250; Fulton, MO 65251 or online at https://indeedhi.re/3dSEeZF.
Equal Opportunity Employer | M/F/D/V